Each year, approximately 150 transportation infrastructure projects totaling more than one billion dollars are submitted for possible funding in the MPO’s rolling, five-year capital funding document, the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP). The types of projects that are eligible for TIP funding include intersection improvements, Complete Streets redesigns, bicycle and pedestrian connections, highway reconstruction, and transit maintenance and expansion. Typically, there is only around $95 million available in any given year. Therefore, the MPO must gather, evaluate, prioritize, and select which projects will receive its share of federal and state roadway funding. The vision established in Charting Progress to 2040 guides our project selection process. To get a better understanding of the TIP process, take a minute to explore:
On May 25, 2017, the MPO endorsed a TIP (pdf) (html) that allocates funding for the federal fiscal years (FFYs), 2018-22. Thank you to those who submitted comments and participated in the document’s development. To review the development of the FFYs 2018-22 TIP, visit the archived TIP development page.
What You’ll Find in the TIP:
- Tables of projects programmed, by federal fiscal year [CURRENT] (pdf) (html)
- Tables of projects programmed, by federal fiscal year [as endorsed on 05/25/2017] (pdf) (html)
- Details about the projects
- Summary of the process by which projects were evaluated
- Universe of Projects from which the programmed projects were selected
- Status of projects programmed in the previous fiscal year
- Air quality conformity determination
View older TIPs and lists of projects that were advertised for construction in prior years in our archive.
For more information, please contact Alexandra Kleyman, MPO staff, at 857.702.3709 (voice), 617.570.9193 (TTY), or email@example.com (email).