In Phase II of Alewife Studies, CTPS:
- Reevaluated, using the most recent RMV vehicle-garage information, the traffic patterns that had been derived from the Phase I license plate survey.
- Recommended improvements to MBTA feeder bus service to Alewife Station aimed at increasing feeder bus ridership to the Red Line.
Identified improvements to MBTA feeder bus access/egress between the Alewife garage and Route 2.
- Recommended operational improvements to the Route 2/Alewife Brook Parkway (Route 16) intersection.
Click here to download the executive summary.
Three memos were produced documenting Phase II:
- Alewife License Plate Data Rematching with 2008 RMV Database, February 29, 2008.
- Recommended Improvements to MBTA Feeder Bus Routes to Alewife Station to Increase Feeder Bus Ridership to the Red Line, January 13, 2009.
- Traffic Operations and Bus Access and Egress at the Route 2/Route 16 Intersection and the Alewife MBTA Garage: Existing Conditions and Recommended Improvements, April 1, 2009.